Web Design

Web+Design

Web Design is an awesome class that can be taken here at Pasco High. There is a lot that can be learned from it, and it is one of the many pathways that can be chosen to graduate. Also, there are a lot of coding languages that can be learned like HTML which can be used to build a web page, CSS which is used for styling a web page, JavaScript which is used for programming a web page, also Bootstrap which is a CSS framework for designing a better webpage. There are many examples that are used for Web Design, but these are just a few of them that can be learned from taking Web Design as a course. For example, when HTML is learned there are a lot of things that can be put on a web page such as paragraphs, elements, attributes, and styles just to name a few things that can be done while learning HTML. Now all these elements are basically just code that makes a page or website or videogame or app run. For example, here’s a line of code that would add a heading to your webpage.

For adding the heading the code would be <h1></h1>. This would put the heading at the top of the page and if you want to put some sort of word as the heading it would be like this <h1> Hi, this is my webpage. </h1>. Basically, that h1 is an element for the heading and it would be used for displaying whatever type of heading there is to be displayed. There are a lot of elements that can be learned from the <h1> element to body {background-color: red;} which is an example of a styling element from CSS. Web Design is a foundation in which a lot of things to go into to be able to create a lot of things that are now digitized in today’s modern society. Every website people go to is made from everything that is learned from taking Web Design as a class. Since today’s modern society basically revolves around the internet and technology it would be good to think about taking this class to possibly score a job that revolves around computers and making webpages and students will already have the knowledge of being able to use everything they learned because they took Web Design here at Pasco High School.

All in all, there are really a lot of things that students here at Pasco High can do with Web Design and it is a simple class. There is nothing too difficult about learning all languages of Web Design and being able to code a web page. There are also a lot of projects that are designed, and they show how to use HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and JavaScript. By doing those certain projects not only are the basics learned but another perspective of seeing a webpage in code format is shown. Which means that all the elements are shown, and students can see just exactly how much code is getting put into various websites and all the elements that make up that website and how it makes the website run, go to another section of the website, having the website pages linked to each other, where there is a link that is made up of code and is put into the website so when that link is clicked, it will go to the other page that has been linked to the first page. The reason is does that is because the code that is used is basically a command that tells the website what to do and when to do it. All in all Web Design is a fun and interesting class that students should try.