• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Urban Legends, Facts, and History of Pasco High

If you’ve been at Pasco High for a while, you might think you know all about the history and the stories of it. Or maybe you’re a new student who doesn’t really know anything at all. Well, whether you don’t or do know, I’m here to share all the interesting facts, history, and urban legends about our very own school.

Let’s first start with the apparent secret bomb shelter that’s somewhere in the school. One of the English teachers here at PHS, Mr. Hockaday himself, has commented on it saying, “it’s been here for forever but that it’s probably all gross and mushy since it hasn’t been kept in a long time.” Though I believe only the principles know where it’s at and it’s passed down kind of like the President’s book of secrets who knows what is kept in there and if it was even in good condition. Would everyone in the school even fit in there? I wonder who gets first priority for it?

Did you also know that, according to history teacher, Mrs. Dunn, that under our very own school there’s a set of tunnels that leads to who knows where? There’s even one that spans underneath the entire D wing! Back a long time ago when the city was more a railroad hub than a city, many Asian American workers-built tunnels and even lived in them due to prejudice and racism. The Historical Society has found many sealed entrances and has tried its hardest to get back in there. These tunnels aren’t just under Pasco High either, they’re all over Pasco. Who knows what could lie in there? old antics from people who lived there or maybe someone’s been living down there all this time it wouldn’t be entirely impossible?

Did you also know there is a giant steel door that leads to a vault in the main office? It’s completely hidden in the way back. The only way you can see it is maybe if you ask the office ladies or another staff member to show you. Apparently, a long time ago, from a previous class, a student tried to lock themselves in there as a prank because one of the staff was a family member. No one knows if he got into trouble or what happened to the staff member either. I can only imagine what would have happened if someone went in and never told anybody, since I don’t think it’s the type of vault you open regularly.

Did you also know the entire layout of Pasco high used to span over Captain Grey Elementary? It used to be part of our campus a long time ago, which is not that big of a surprise since it’s quite literally next door to us. Did you also know when Pasco High had just been built, the choir room near the auditorium entrance used to be the cafeteria? You all already know how crowded it gets in our cafeteria even with the size of it imagine the chaos there was in the choir room! This was all provided by one of our own principals Mr. Domingos who as a student was told a ghost roamed the halls of this maybe as a way to keep students from misbehaving, but did you also know that a principal also died on campus? it was due to a heart attack, maybe the two could be related?

So, have you ever heard of these rumors? Do you have any interesting facts or urban legends that weren’t mentioned about Pasco high? And before the end of this article, here is one more! There is a legend that Pasco high used to be Washington high but disgruntled citizens stole the sign until it was renamed Pasco high. That’s all I have for now about all the ins and out of our school.