• Last day of School: June 13th
  • Senior Party @ Movie Theater: June 5th, 6pm
  • Graduation: June 8th @ 6pm; Edgar Brown Stadium
  • Last day of school for seniors: June 5th

Importance of an Eco-Friendly Lifestyle

What is Being Eco-Friendly?

Have you ever wondered how your daily tasks or even the products you use impact the environment? This is where becoming eco-friendly should be the way you go. “What is being eco-friendly?” you may be asking. Becoming eco-friendly is making a positive impact on the environment by using products or doing your daily tasks in a way that is not environmentally harmful.

Why Become Eco-Friendly?

It is important to consider ways you could change to make our ecosystem safer for all of us. Doing so may reduce the risk of health problems like asthma and cancer. Changing specific habits could affect our different environmental problems like recycling to reduce waste that ends up in the landfills, but instead could be a home for wildlife. Here are some other reasons to help the environment:

• Preserving the Planet for Future Generations
  • Better biodiversity
  • Lower Energy Bills
  • Improved Health
  • Less Pollution

What Are Some Ways to Help This Environmental Change?

There are many ways to help and make the earth more livable, but we need to put in the effort. The minimum could make a difference. One idea could be switching out or stop using harmful products. Something could be considered a harmful product when it includes toxic chemicals. Some things that could be toxic to the environment are tea bags, plastic bags, cigarettes, etc. Alternatives to help with the switch can be challenging to find but an easy head start could be to start using reusable products. Such as reusable straws, grocery bags, food pouches, etc. Here are some other things to think about:

• Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
  • Be Mindful and Respectful While Out in Nature
  • Act on Invasive Species
  • Avoid the Use of Pesticides and Fertilizer

Conclusion

I mean why do you think we pay for our bags when we go shopping now? It’s the little things that matter and the little things that could make a big difference. It would be great for us to start NOW while we still can make the difference before it’s too late.