A Quiet Place!

Working as a librarian? Librarians are professionals who may not know everything… but they know how to guide you so that you know where to find what you want and what you want to know. For them, every day is a new experience to work directly with people and with their needs of all kinds to know. Librarians oversee the organization and classifications of the collections of the books and other bibliographic material in a library.

At Pasco High School, we have one librarian and one clerk that are a significant part of this high school. The librarian is Ms. Elizabeth Lecompte. She comments that she has taught English in middle school at McLoughlin for ten years and then switched to the library. She spent one year as the librarian at Robert Frost and has been the librarian at Pasco High for eleven years now. She decided to work in libraries and schools as she likes to work and spend time with children and likes helping people learn new things. She loves teaching English. As I mentioned before, she taught for ten years and enjoyed working with all kinds of people. She loves having her job as a librarian as she works on books, is a fun place, and is something that she really enjoys. She sees herself working for at least twenty more years. If she had to choose a different position she might consider something in technology.

What was her best experience working in Pasco High? She has had a lot of great experiences at Pasco High, but one that not many librarians get to have is moving into a new library. Five years ago the library we have now didn’t exist. Previously the library was located on the second floor (upstairs) between rooms 220-225, and it was a larger place. Nowadays, the library located on the first floor near the office and the nurse’s office. They built the library with less space than the previous one, but it is updated and looks really nice. One of her hobbies that she shared with us is spending time with her dogs. She also likes to walk, go to the gym, and spend time with her granddaughters and absolutely loves to travel to other countries. She also adds that she has tried hobbies like tap dancing, making wine and doing Krav Maga, and one of her favorite books is Alas Babylon by Pat Frank. Over the last year and a half, they have not been able to have so many students in the library since they must minimize most people due to the coronavirus, the library has really only been open to deal with laptops.

I recommend attending at least once a week as you find and explore new things. It is an excellent place to read and learn and Ms. Lecompte is always willing to help students with assignments. # Attend The Library At Least Once A Week