High School Expectations Vs. Reality

High School Expectations Vs. Reality

What did you expect from high school before you started? I bet you thought it would be so much fun. High school students show only one side of how it really is but once you start experiencing it, it’s totally different. Before anyone gets to experience high school, most people think it’s like hanging out with friends all the time, getting home, being able to take naps and get easy A’s. In reality, it’s the total opposite. Students get assignment after assignment.  

Middle school are usually both nervous and excited about high school for many reasons. They’re nervous because it’s a new place and they’re meeting a lot of people, they might not know the place well enough. They’re excited because they think it’ll be a lot of free time or things will get better. Really though, high school is about going to class and having all these assignments and then homework after school that may take hours. That’s if you don’t have any extracurriculars. A lot of students are in sports or in clubs which require them to have practice or meetings after school. Some students also have jobs. Therefore, it drains them or stresses them out even if it’s just for a small period of time.  

Although, it’s not the same for everyone. Some people don’t have anything besides school and they get more free time than other people. Some high school students get pressured by parents cause it takes a lot to earn a high school diploma and they want the best for their children, so they push them to work harder and participate in other things. Every student finds time to do assignments and homework whether they have a busy day or not. Everyone has a different feeling towards having a lot of assignments. Sometimes students go to coffee shops to be able to finish homework because other places can be really distracting. Social media makes it seem like high school is really easy, but once we all get there, we realize how hard it can be. Although there are quite a small percentage of students that think high school isn’t hard at all, but everyone has their different opinion.