• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Our Schools Favorite ℌalloween Movies

Our Schools Favorite ℌalloween Movies
Google

This month I’ve talked to a few students about their favorite ℌalloween movies as ℌalloween is around the corner. I thought that talking to a few students about their favorite movies could encourage YOU to watch some to get into the festive mood. Other WASCO staff members and I did a Poll to find out what movie is trending in our school right now and Coraline was the winner with 12 votes. It is a fantastic, heart-racing movie. Here is what Alicia Mota had to say about the movie, “Coraline has a good storyline, from the colorful scenery, to the plot twists, to the creepy outcomes. Coraline is always a good film during the spooky season.” I can agree with Alicia! When watching Coraline, I paid attention to detail when it came to drastic change in colors depending the aura of the scene.  I love the scene where Coraline is racing to get out of the spiderweb. It gives the feeling of panic as you hope she makes it out alive in order to save her parents.

Some Students had other favorite movies that caught their eye. Brittany & Zabdi were two students interviewed during my 6th period. Here is what Brittany had to say about her favorite movie The Corpse Bride, “I love the romance between Victor and Emily, I love the ending where she says ‘I love you Victor, but you’re not mine.’ In The Skeleton Bride, Emily is my favorite character.”  The Corpse Bride was a beautiful but heartbreaking romance. Some of the lines in the movie were very emotional. For example, “But first a toast to Emily. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.” If you have watched the movie you would understand how this is important because she died before she could get married. Another thing I loved about this movie was the art style each character was beautifully made of. Every character is a handmade puppet.

Zabdi’s favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Zabdi said, “I Love the music track. ‘This is Halloween’ is my favorite song in the movie. My favorite character is Boogie Man and I wish they added more Holidays.” The music track was excellent and full of really catchy songs that made you want to sing along. The Boogie Man was a great character when I was younger and watched the movie. He creeped me out but that’s what he’s supposed to do as a scary character.

Last but not least, I interviewed a girl named Remmie. Remmie’s favorite movie is ℌalloween Town. She said, “It’s the OG. The GOAT!” She loved “Taxi Scene”, and her favorite characters are “The Siblings.” One thing she wishes she could change is how cheesy it is. Personally, I think you can tell the movie is older, the acting isn’t the best but I do like how the characters are cheesy. I think that’s what makes it so funny.