• May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • May 9th- Mom's Day Event (5:30-7:30 in student mall)
  • Mock Interviews: May 10th
  • Every 15 Minutes: May 9th-10th
  • PROM TICKETS FOR PRESALE NOW UNTIL MAY 9TH
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)

Halloween Safety Tips

For parents, party hosts, teens and drivers.

Halloween is such an evil and eerie holiday. Many of us celebrate and go all out on that day, hosting parties, trick or treating, and going to thrilling parties.

Many risks play that night, which can cause a night of horror. Sadly, Halloween is a tragic night for some people who didn’t take safety precautions, since it’s the night that a lot of children get injured and car accidents happen frequently due to drunk drivers.

Tips to help prevent tragedies and to keep Halloween safe for your families and yourself.

Safety tips for parents

As the spooky family-friendly holiday continues, pedestrians walk around neighborhoods and enjoy the spooky day. If you’re participating, make sure to take extra precautions.

• Plan a route in advance
  • Accompany young children when trick or treating
  • Inspect candy before eating
  • teach your children the 911 emergency number and the risks of distracted walking.
  • Older children should stay in well-lit areas and go along with a group of friends to stay safer.
  • Establish a curfew
  • Keep costumes comfortable
  • increase your child’s visibility
  • Optional make an ID card for your children
  • make sure to teach your children to not accept candy to get into a stranger’s car or house.

Safety tips for drivers

Spooky and thrilling parties await, but we want to keep it safe and fun. Must know that Halloween is a year when a lot of accidents happen and end up in tragedy. We want to prevent these awful tragedies and not cause a night of horror to a family.

• Be alert of trick or-treaters.
  • Use caution when passing cars that are stopped on the street. They may be loading or unloading passengers
  • Keep your radio low and roll down your windows to alert yourself of your surroundings.
  • Always be cautious that there will be kids and adults in areas where you may never expect them, so drive slowly and inspect the area carefully.
  • If not sober, please call someone or ride-share with someone.
  • Don’t drunk drive even if you think you can drive, you would cause a major accident since it is the day a lot of people are out late at night.
  • Do not be looking at your phone while driving, stay out of it.
  • Don’t be speeding in neighborhoods or roads or anywhere, it may cost a life of a foolish act.
  • Contact law enforcement if you see a drunk driver or someone speeding, you may save someone’s life.

Safety tips for party hosts

As the night starts to set, parties start to get lit and await the spooky boo parties. Fun costumes and fun games. A lot to expect to take safety measures when hosting one

• Serve non-alcoholic drinks to minors
  • Serve plenty of food. Guests are more likely to get drunk on an empty stomach. Avoid salty foods, which may encourage guests to drink.
  • Call the police if you feel that a situation is beyond your control.
  • Accommodate your guests provide rides if sober, call Uber/taxis, ride-shares, etc.
  • Make sure everyone gets home safely
  • Do not let any candles lit up, it can cause a fire hazard.
  • Don’t let anyone take drinks from anyone, they may contain a substance
  • Don’t advertise the party on social media. You risk gatecrashers and violent situations.
  • Don’t let anyone who is under the influence of alcohol drive. You can save them from getting into a car accident or accident.

Host liability laws may hold you responsible for every guest’s behavior after the party and during the party. Serving alcohol to underage people in this act will be held legally countable.

Keep it safe and have fun.

Partying safely for teenagers

We all can’t wait to jump into our fun and creative costumes and party all night. Meet new people and experience the unexplainable, we’re young and full of life. Time to enjoy your night, take safety measures, and have fun!!

• Don’t get into a car with a driver who has been drinking.
  • Don’t let peer pressure sway you into doing anything you don’t want to do. It’s okay to say no.
  • Leave the party with a friend if you feel unsafe
  • Always stay in contact with your family to ensure you’re safe
  • Arrange a time for your parents to drive you to the party and pick you up at a set time frame.
  • Don’t accept drinks for anyone, serve yourself to make sure is safe to drink.
  • Don’t go off with a person you’ve only just met, it can end up in a tragedy.
  • Stay in the public place. If they interest you, get a phone number or socials.
  • Be aware that mixing alcohol and drugs can put you in extreme danger of overdose.
  • If your friend or anyone is unconscious, lay them on their side to reduce their risk of breathing in vomit.
  • Dial 911 or 000 for police services or emergency helpline.