• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

The Last Of Us Review

The Last of Us is a 2013 adventurous action game developed by Naughty Dog. This is a video game series that includes two parts. Part 1 was remastered in 2014, and a remake was released in September 2022 for PlayStation 5. Part 2 was delayed until June 19, 2020, due to covid-19. The first game is about a man named Joel who is tasked with escorting a teenage girl named Ellie across the United States following a post-apocalyptic event.

In terms of gameplay, The Last of Us is played from a third-person perspective. Players can obtain different types of weapons and use many strategies to overcome opponents. The player controls Joel’s daughter, Sarah, at the start of the game, Ellie during the winter, but Joel for the majority of the game. Joel is responsible for taking Ellie, a teenage girl, safely across the United States. Players have the ability to attack, confuse, and distract opponents using objects like bricks and glass bottles. Weapons can be improved, materials can be equipped, and health can be recharged. players also have the ability to locate enemies and hide behind objects for easy combat. Characters have conversations with one another as well. In addition, story collectibles and small puzzles are included. 

About the plot, in 2013, an outbreak occurred in the US where a mutant cordyceps fungus turned humans into violent zombie-like creatures. Joel, his daughter Sarah, and his brother Tommy run away from Austin, Texas, but while doing so, Sarah gets shot by a soldier and dies in Joel’s arms.

Twenty years later in Boston, Joel, and Tess work as smugglers. They go after Robert who traded stolen weapons with the Fireflies, a militia group. both Joel and Tess agree to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, to the fireflies hiding in the Massachusetts state house after Marlene, the leader of fireflies, promises to give them twice their cache. after Joel and Tess discover Ellie’s bite mark and suspect she has the infection, Ellie claims she is immune, which could possibly lead to a cure. Tess who has been bitten sacrifices herself and gets killed by FEDRA soldiers after they find out the fireflies have been killed. To locate others, Joel chooses to look for his brother Tommy who was once a firefly.

In Lincoln, they get a useful vehicle With Bill’s help. Later, in Pittsburgh, they come across brothers Henry and Sam. Eventually, Sam gets bitten but refuses to tell anyone. As his infection takes a turn to the worst he attacks Ellie, Henry comes to the scene and shoots him dead, killing himself afterward. Soon after, Joel and Tommy reunite, and in the end, Joel and Ellie make their way to the Fireflies enclave to find out it has been abandoned. As Joel gets injured while escaping a robber attack, the Fireflies relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah.

In the winter, Ellie and Joel find shelter where they barge into scavengers, David, and James, to whom Ellie trades her food for antibiotics to help Joel recover from his injury. After David reveals that Joel was the person who fought his people, Ellie becomes hostile. Ellie manages to escape but gets captured again in a burning restaurant. Joel recovers, finds Ellie, and comforts her after killing David herself with a machete. Joel and Ellie travel to Salt Lake City in the spring, where Ellie gets saved by Joel after nearly drowning, and a Firefly patrol captures both.

Marlene tells Joel that Ellie is being prepared for surgery to create a vaccine against the infection. To successfully accomplish it, the infected portion in Ellie’s brain must be removed which will kill her. Joel, who is willing not to let her die, fights his way into the operating room, kills the lead surgeon, and carries Ellie to the parking garage. Joel confronts Marlene before killing her to stop the fireflies from chasing them. Joel lies and tells Ellie when she wakes up during the drive that the Fireflies had discovered other immune individuals but had been unable to develop a cure. Joel claims his story is true while Ellie endures survivor guilt.

The characters in The Last of Us are remarkable, the structure of the world is creative, and the visuals are amazing. This video game is also one of the best adaptations ever, the show is rated 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. The Last Of Us Part 1 was cleverly written, it felt like a movie from beginning to end.