• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

Feeling like a failure?

or close to it?
Feeling like a failure?

Nowadays a lot of people have just given up. It is not just one age group specifically that this is happening to, it’s many people around us. Giving up has never been an option for me, yes the thoughts of giving up because I’m tired, it’s too hard, and just because it’s not interesting to me is not a good reason to give up.

At the end of the day you only have yourself, you are the only one that can go ahead and build yourself a bright feature. Working hard for a short period to have the lifetime you want is worth it. I am currently a senior taking three classes at PHS, working two jobs, and still managing to balance that with my social life. Having a good social life has helped me in a positive way, it helps you distract yourself and keep you out and busy when things get overwhelming. But that always depends on who you surround yourself with, surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care to see you succeed will forever get you further in life than hanging out with a bad crew because they are “fun”.

Feeling like a failure at this age isn’t the best feeling but we do have to understand things that we want to take time to get to, we are barely starting our lives. Being 17 old and a senior there is a lot of pressure on what we plan on doing next, adulthood being just a step away is scary but take time yourself to think about what you really want to do, follow your dreams, and work hard so you can get to where you want to be.

Here are a few words of encouragement from the people around you from Pasco High.

You are spectacular. That’s the truth about you. Even when it doesn’t feel like it. Even on the days that feel heavy and overwhelming and like it’s all just too much–you areĀ valued and enough just because you’re you. And I promise it won’t always feel so difficult. Take the next right step each day, hour, or minute, and trust the process. Work hard and know you are worth working hard for. We believe in you.

Try your best and remember that high school is only 4 years of your life and will pass in no time. The stress of high school is only temporary and will be worth it. Always work hard and put effort in. Do your best to be balanced and make time for your responsibilities but also your social life, make your life enjoyable!

Word of advice is not to give up and to keep moving forward.

Try your best is all I could ever say, if you want something you have to work for it.