• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

What does Mr. Domingos do?

Have you ever thought about which administrator you see the most during the school days? We can overall say it is probably Mr. Domingos. He is one of five assistant principals, and he has been working here as assistant principal for 6 years. He is the one we typically see running around during the school days, at all sporting events, assemblies, award ceremonies, etc.

Mr. Domingos starts his morning greeting everyone when they walk in and ask to see their Minga. Mr. Domingos oversees a lot of things around the school, as he says it assistant principals “run the school.” Some of the things that he has control over would be things like Minga, ASB, and the legalities that come along with it, CTE departments, he approves what can be posted onto social media, this year he is also in charge of graduation all though that switches every year, and the school-wide title one.

Since Mr. Domingos oversees all of the CTE departments he spends most of his days meeting with teachers to see what they are working on in their classrooms and how everything is going with their students. You have probably noticed him come into some of your classes to observe your teachers and ask you or your classmates questions about what you are working on. That is so he can check in on how students think their teacher is doing with teaching the curriculum and how well students are grasping it. During the conference with the teachers, they give him a description of what they will be going over in class when he comes into the class. They also go over different strategies they have tried with their classes and what was efficient and what didn’t work as well.

Mr. Domingos is one of the most supportive administrators here at Pasco High, he goes to all of the events to be there to support the students in victory or loss. He explained that we never know who those students have there to support them and if he wasn’t there, they might not have anyone to tell them good job and someone’s proud of them and we don’t want those students to end up looking to the streets for ways to make them feel accomplished. He has proven to genuinely care about the students not just in academics but in their successes and their passions.

View Comments (1)