Breaking News
  • May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Pasco High’s passing period

I’m a senior at Pasco High School and ever since my first year here as a sophomore, walking in the hallways has been difficult, but it has gotten worse as the years went by. I’ve always strongly disliked passing period because I could not get to where I wanted to go without going through obstacles to get there. I’m not the only one who thinks that the hallways here are most of the time chaotic and sometimes can be hard to get to your next class on time. I feel it could be easily fixed if students wouldn’t stop in the middle of the hallways to have a conversation, walk on the right side of the hallways and also, if they’re in a big group don’t walk shoulder to shoulder, move for people to go through. It’s not just the students fault either. I feel our hallways are somewhat narrow so a smaller crowd can look bigger. Do we even use lockers? I mean some of us do, but most of us carry our backpacks on us all day so why do we have so many lockers? If the school got rid of lockers we would have more spacious hallways to walk through. Granted, lockers don’t have much space in them but if we removed them it would create more space for a hallway. The school is constantly on us for our attendance but, because of the crowded hallways during passing period, sometimes it’s difficult to get where we are needing to be on time. Seven minutes to get to where you should be seems like a lot but when you have people shoving, stopping in the halls, gathering around, getting stopped at the doors, and people going out of doors that people are trying to get in to (vice versa) it is very difficult to get to where you are needing to get to. It wasn’t as bad my sophomore year as it is my senior. Yes, it was still challenging to get to class at the time but now it’s like I always run through a problem while walking to my next class. Is it because there are more students who attend Pasco High School? I just know there’s a lot of people who get mad during passing period because of how annoying the hallways can become and I feel something like this is able to be fixed.