• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

Why racism must be stopped

Why racism must be stopped

Racism is not talked about enough and, until this year, racism can still occur all around us such as in grocery stores, restaurants, schools, work, etc. Racism has always happened due to people’s race, and ethnicity though nothing has been done to prevent it or stop it. There should be a limit to stop the racism against Mexicans, Africans, Koreans and all of the races and ethnicities of different color. Racism affects them and their family but can also affect communities as a whole. Many of them struggle to get jobs due to their skin color or race.

Racism can leave mental scars that are hard to get rid of like feeling ashamed or embarrassed, It also causes an increase of developing anxiety and depression and trauma for the rest of their lives. Racism became a problem over the years and, though racism is against the law, many people don’t care. They are not stopped by this issue. Racism can cause harm in many ways. People are scared of being verbally attacked or even physically attacked, this is dangerous for adults and kids.

These adults and kids want to feel free and they can’t due to many people judging them for something that isn’t their fault. Many of them don’t understand how impactful racism is in this generation.

In this generation, racism has gotten worse and now it’s being exposed on social media. People need to be aware that this is a serious issue. Many kids experience being bullied at school due to their color or race. Racism may have a big affect on kids and affect their environment because they have a different perspective. Little kids can develop depression or anxiety which are both very dangerous for their age, their mental health, and can be risky as they get older. It can ruin their childhood.

Another reason racism should be stopped is because sometimes people can’t get jobs or the right education because of it. They shouldn’t have to suffer from poor education or being unemployed. All humans deserve opportunities regardless of their skin color. Kids and Adults deserve a good life, and their color doesn’t have to matter.

As Humans, there can be mistakes that are made but we can learn how to grow from them. People should show respect to every race there is in this world and at the end of the day, they are human beings with the same dark color of blood running through their veins. Though there are all different cultures, races, ethnicities which make us look different, we all have the same value as a Human.