• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

Your physical health should be a priority

As human beings, our bodies need to be active. We are not built to be weak. Keeping your body fit can do many things for you, not just physically.

Even if you are not working out everyday, it is still important to include full body work outs three times a week, for at least an hour. This can do a lot for your mind and body. Starting off with some physical benefits, you could start losing weight and looking better. This can also increase strength and muscle mass.

Working out doesn’t just make you look better, but it can also be a great confidence booster and make you productive inside and outside of the gym. It can be amazing for you mental health and a good way to stay distracted from any out sourced stress. This also increases engagement with something when you are bored.

A great thing about exercise is you can work out almost anytime, anywhere, and you don’t need a fancy gym membership to get started. You can do it in your room, there is a genre of exercise called “calisthenics” where you use your body weight to exercise. It is an easy way to get started and you can always progress further if a certain exercise gets to easy for you. If you can stay consistent with calisthenics, it is one of the most fun ways to work out and the pay off is even better. You can train your body to complete cool tricks and make your muscles more defined.

For me personally, working out has made me feel and look a lot better. Before I started to exercise daily, my mental health was all over the place. I never had true confidence, I felt I was so skinny and was embarrassed to even take off my shirt in front of other people. Now I can say my mental has been better than ever, and my confidence has shot through the roof. I now feel better than ever. This does not mean I go around taking off my shirt, but I can now say I feel comfortable in my own skin.

Exercise has done a lot for me, and I know if any of you reading this maybe doesn’t like to work out or feels it’s just not for you I strongly suggest that you at least give it a second thought. Exercise can do wonders for you, and not just physically but mentally as well.