Breaking News
  • Last day of School: June 13th
  • Senior Party @ Movie Theater: June 5th, 6pm
  • Graduation: June 8th @ 6pm; Edgar Brown Stadium
  • Last day of school for seniors: June 5th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Senior stress and 4 ways you can manage it

The biggest event of the entire school year is almost upon us, and while some, if not most, students are sitting comfortably with the knowledge that they’ll graduate on time, some may not be so lucky. And with this unfortunate situation comes a very big problem: Stress. Stress is one of the last things you want to have as a senior since it’d just weigh you down and make you even less likely to successfully pass your classes. Fortunately for you, there just so happens to be a lot of healthy ways you can manage and control it. All you have to do is choose the right way for you and stick with it.

Here is a list of the four most common ways you can help manage your stress, as well as why you should do that.

1. Get plenty of rest

Rest is important for everyone, and it can be especially useful for someone dealing with stress. If you just let yourself relax and sleep more often, you’ll end up finding yourself feeling a whole lot better then before. If you have work that’s keeping you up at night or you usually stay up watching TV or hanging out with friends, then tell yourself to step away from those things for a day so you can get some real sleep. Your friends or boss will surely understand, and it’ll make you more ready to take on your classes.

2. Talk to a friend, partner, or family member

Everyone needs someone to talk to, no matter how much of an introvert you may be. So if you’re feeling stressed out, try to find someone to talk and vent to, whether it’s a friend, a family member, or a partner. Doing this could help increase your positivity and beat back your negativity, while also letting off some steam. And it doesn’t have to be anything major or anything, a short talk can do.

3. Eat more healthy foods

This one is important since not only will it help you feel less stress, but it will also help improve your mental and physical health in the long run as well. A well-balanced diet can help you by giving you different nutrients and vitamins that can impact how you feel. Some foods and drinks that can help with this include apples, matcha, pears, avocados, and oranges. This also means avoiding stuff like caffeine, as that can end up increasing your stress.

4. Take some time for yourself

This one can connect back to the first one on this list. If you already sleep well and yet you still feel stressed out, then use that opportunity to take a day off. Use the time to relax, go for a walk, work on something fun, or just do whatever you want to do. That way by the next day, you could be feeling more ready for school, and thus be more able to complete all the work you will get.

This is only a small percentage of the many different ways you can relieve stress. There are many more out there, so go and look to see which ones could help you the most, and once you feel better, try as hard as you can to get through the rest of this year. Schools are almost out, so don’t mess yourself up in these last few weeks by letting stress in.