Breaking News
  • May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Hope for the Future with our freshman football team!

2023 Freshman football team

The freshmen football team has killed this 2023 season. By almost being undefeated and tearing through this season, it gives Pasco High hope for the future.  

While our varsity football team has not done so well for the past couple of years, the freshmen team this year might help brighten up our school spirit. So far, we have beaten Southridge 27-0, Chiawana 13-0, Walla Walla 47-8, Richland 39-20, and Hanford 42-14. With a 5-1 record, it shows really good chances for more wins.  

With Spokane now forfeiting the freshmen game, some of the freshmen moved up to varsity for their game against Spokane. Even though they forfeited they only had a 40% of winning, while our freshmen had above an 80%. Some freshmen even got field time.  

Now with most of the freshman moving up to varsity next year, hopefully, they can keep up the demanding work and their win streak. “Probably 70-80% of us are moving up to varsity next year” Allen McGary stated to me in an interview. 

The freshmen this year are a complete game changer. I have been to every single one of their games and every time you can physically see how much they get into the game. They are like their own little family on and off the field. They practice hard and play their games even harder. Even the crowd goes wild and cheers them on. When asked how their team will take to varsity next year McGary stated, “I feel like we are going to excel in varsity because of our cohesiveness. We are bringing a new attitude to Pasco High Varsity.” Which has been proven true. Based on the stats of how they have played this season, chances are they will do very well on Varsity.  

View Comments (1)