• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

First date ideas and stories

48026176 – illustration of a man sweating nervously on his first date

AHH LOVE! Who doesn’t like the idea of love and fun dates, especially those first dates we all go through? Isn’t it amazing to plan it and get all excited about it? Well for some people coming up with fun date ideas isn’t the easiest thing to do, so let me, students, friends, and more help you come up with the perfect first date!

When it comes to love and date ideas, it gets me very nervous but very excited, I love the idea of love and being with someone who gives me butterflies. I’ve always wondered what the perfect date could be, there’s just so many ideas and lots of different places to go to.

Here are some ideas for you! There are so many fun and exciting date ideas such as picnics, stargazing, and stay-at-home cooking. When it comes to going on a picnic you want to make sure you’ve checked the weather ahead of time to know what kind of clothes to wear or if you’d have to reschedule with your partner. Make sure to know what kinds of food they like to eat, or if they might be allergic or just have some special diet you need to know about, you definitely don’t want to spend your time at a hospital as a first date lol.  Let’s talk about stargazing, stargazing with your partner might be one of the most relaxing and calming dates to go on. It gives you the opportunity to get to talk to the person and really get to learn about their life and interests. Also, who doesn’t enjoy looking at the beautiful night sky with all those big bright stars and the moon? I mean c’mon it’s stargazing, and it’s also the perfect opportunity to show off each other’s music tastes as well, you know nobody said there has to be complete silence when stargazing. Lastly, stay-at-home cooking might be one of my favorites because the thought of cooking together is such a cute and romantic way to spend time with each other. The both of you don’t have to be master chefs to cook something, y’all could make something either so gross or delicious, honestly, it’s just the thought of being with one another and trying something completely different from a typical 1st date that sounds very special.  Well guys that’s what I have to say to help you with some first-date ideas, now let me pass it to some other folks who’ll love to help you out too!

The first helper is a student here at PHS named Nelly. They had quite a lot to say, “Well there are a lot of things you can do for a 1st date, bowling/arcade, thrifting, and a movie night. When it comes to bowling/arcade it’s something that can be fun and competitive, you get to show off your goofy, fun, and competitive side to your partner and then reel it in when it comes to the arcade games. The arcade is one of my favorites because a lot of the games are meant for 2 people and when you’re finished there are usually tickets to redeem at the end which is always fun to split with your lover.” Another idea they had was thrifting and here’s why, “Thrifting with your partner is such an awesome thing to do, trying on clothes and dressing up for the fun of it, just to goof off makes really great memories. It’s also a way to show off your fashion taste, and what style you prefer to wear.” Lastly, they said a movie night, here’s why they explained, “Movies are a great way to see what kind of genre you and your partner may like to watch, which is also helpful in the long run when you and your partner can’t ever agree on a movie to watch, it’s good to know way before what they like. The snacks too, you gotta know what snacks they like! But watching movies with your partner is always fun when you also know how to make the environment comfy and cozy, like perhaps making a fort with blankets and pillows or just being cuddled in close with them using a heated blanket or plushies.” Let’s all say a big thank you to Nelly for what they had to tell us!

Moving on with our next helper Kimmy, here’s what Kimmy had to say about 1st dates, “Avoid movies, arcades, hiking, and parks. 1st dates should be somewhere special and a way to get to know each other, some great choices are, picnics and painting, restaurants, and some quality time with the person, something that involves talking to one another, to get to know each other.  Restaurants are a good place to talk to your partner, no fast food places, more of a sit-down face-to-face place is way better. It’s easier to conversate with each other and just have a good time.” Something else Kimmy talked about was, “Picnics and painting are something that most people don’t think of doing as a 1st date, but I think it’s such a fun idea. First, you’d have a picnic by the river, eat, and just talk to each other and enjoy your time and the view of the river or any scenery you decide to go to.” Lastly, Kimmy talked about quality time with each other. “Quality time with a person is very nice and calming, ideas like building a Lego set together or a simple night out together like for a drive and talking, just simply getting time together and getting to know each other is such a great thing to do and experience.” Thanks, Kimmy for your amazing feedback!

First dates are always a fun and interesting thing to experience, hopefully, these ideas help you out on your first date! Please let us know in the comments if these date ideas were helpful for you. Hoping you all have a great first date!