Breaking News
  • May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Indoor winter activities

As autumn comes to an end, the freezing temperatures are quickly approaching. Soon it will be winter before you know it. Fortunately, there are still plenty of activities to do when you’re stuck at home during the cold weather. Here I listed some indoor activities you could do with friends/family in the wintertime.  

Movie or TV show marathon: 

Gather blankets, prepare some popcorn, and settle in for a marathon viewing of your preferred television series or films. Creating enduring memories and sharing delightful experiences is done by watching movies with loved ones. 

Boardgames/card games: 

Get together for a game night full of laughter and friendly competition. It’s a great way to test your brain, have fun, and spend quality time with your family and friends. A few games could be Monopoly, uno, Jinga, Pictionary, Candyland, scrabble, etc. 

Cooking and baking:  

To brighten your winter days, try some new recipes or prepare some comfort food. In addition, baking and cooking are fantastic activities that promote creativity, relaxation, social interaction, and the enjoyment of tasty, wholesome food. 

Arts and crafts:  

Express your creativity through knitting, painting, or any other craft you like. It’s a fantastic way to unwind and let your imagination run wild. It also helps in skill development and stress relief. Crafts and the arts are just fun. 

Learn to knit or crochet: 

Grab a crochet hook or a pair of knitting needles and learn how to make warm blankets, hats, and scarves. It’s a calming and fulfilling hobby. 

Reading: 

Get lost in a good book and let yourself be carried away by a captivating story. Reading introduces you to a whole new world of knowledge, fantasy, and entertainment. 

Indoor exercise: 

Maintain your physical activity level by working out at home, watching exercise videos, or practicing yoga. Keeps you fit and active even when the weather isn’t ideal. It can also be very convenient and easily accessible. 

Puzzle-solving: 

Challenge yourself with brainteasers, crosswords, and jigsaw puzzles. A great approach to keep your mind active, push your brain, and enhance your problem-solving abilities. They provide an entertaining and interesting way to destress. 

Virtual hangouts:  

Use video calls to plan online get-togethers with your friends. You can catch up and have a nice conversation, play online games together, or host a virtual movie night. 

Learn a new skill:  

Make the most of the winter by learning something new. It might be learning how to cook a particular dish, playing an instrument, or even learning a new language. Gaining new abilities opens up endless opportunities for development on a personal level. 

Write or journal: 

Take this opportunity to write down your feelings and thoughts. You could start writing a journal, write short stories, or even try a hand at poetry. It’s a great method for gaining perspective and processing your emotions. 

Home decor projects: 

Makeover your living area by using your creativity. Rearranging furniture, making homemade decorations, or even painting an accent wall are all possible. enables you to add your own touches to your living area and create a warm, inviting atmosphere that expresses your individual style.