• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

Tips for driving in freezing conditions

Driving safely in the winter is especially important in Washington state where snow and ice can make the roads dangerous. Here some very important tips to remember when driving in the winter season.

Get your vehicle ready before you hit the road make sure that your cars tires, brakes, and windshield wipers are in good working order for winter driving. Consider snow tires or all season tires for more traction on roads that are icy. Drive slowly and with caution reduce your speed and keep an appropriate distance from other vehicles to allow enough braking time. Avoid sudden acceleration or deceleration as this may lead to skidding.

Use headlights and signals make sure to turn on your headlights for better visibility especially when driving through snow or poor lighting. To signal to other drivers make sure you use your blinkers ahead of time. Be careful on icy patches approach icy areas with caution especially bridges. Which are at risk of freezing first so slow down before approaching them while maintaining a constant pace while driving.

Avoid distractions while driving especially during the winter. Keep a reasonable distance between your car and the car ahead of you. This leaves you plenty of space to to respond in an event of a sudden stop or unexpected road conditions. It is also important to stay informed of the weather and road conditions as well as travel warnings in your area. If possible choose roads that have been plowed and cleaned.