• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Who’s the best Spidey?

Each Spiderman has his own charm! From Tobey’s heroic transformation and emotional depth, Andrew’s street-smart charm and edgy relatability, to Tom’s lively and youthful authenticity, who truly dons Spiderman’s mask best? Let’s unravel this web!

When it comes to each actor, who and why were they the best Spiderman? I interviewed some students at Pasco High School about this question and here’s what they have to say. Starting with our first interview with Maleah, here’s what she had to say: “I’d have to say Andrew Garfield. The way he moved around, and did most of his stunts was very impressive. His romance with Gwen felt so believable and heartwarming until her fatality happened.” One specific question I asked Maleah was, “Which Spiderman had the biggest impact on you?” Here’s what Maleah said, “It impacted me the most because it teaches you or makes you realize to enjoy the time you have with your loved ones before it’s too late.” I have to agree with what Maleah’s response was, it was such a real and beautiful answer.

Another interview I held was with a student named Tony, here’s his response, “ANDREW GARFIELD! Most attractive Spiderman out of all of them. His acting was most authentic, the storyline was the best, but also very sad. It was especially sad because not only did he lose his girlfriend Gwen, but he lost his uncle Ben. “If you guys didn’t know, Uncle Ben was like his best friend and father figure. Tony also stated, “Spiderman’s romance with Gwen was so beautiful and real. Their romance makes you want a relationship so badly and just to be in love with someone. I really enjoyed hearing him talk about the romance between Spiderman and Gwen, as a hopeless romantic I’d have to agree that their romance is so precious and authentic.”

Lastly, I interviewed a student named Ninnel Paz. Her response compared to the others was very different. She had a lot to say about all three actors and here are her thoughts, “I really think that Tobey Maguire and Tom Holand seemed most realistic because they both showed the difficulty of living a double life as Spiderman and Peter Parker. BUT if we’re talking about the romance between Spiderman and his love interest, it’ll have to be Andrew Garfield’s Spiderman. The romance between Andrew Garfield’s Spiderman and Gwen was so real. When I watched them it felt like I was watching a real couple interact.” Lastly, I asked her the question, “Which Spiderman story had the biggest impact on you?” She replied, “Andrew Garfield’s Spiderman story had the biggest impact on me, with his portrayal of losing a loved one.” I’d have to agree with Ninnel on what she said. Losing a very close loved one is the most difficult thing to process and go through speaking from experience.

Well, that’s a wrap, folks! Most agreed that Andrew Garfield is the best Spiderman, but don’t let that change your opinion. Leave a comment to let us know who’s the best Spidey!