Breaking News
  • May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Is it okay for teens to have an abortion?

Many teens nowadays are getting pregnant and sometimes they will choose to keep the baby because they want to but sometimes they don’t have a choice but to have the baby. In my opinion, teens should have access to safe and legal abortions because it allows them to make decisions about their own bodies and futures. Teens can get an abortion at Planned Parenthood here in Washington. Teens may consider getting an abortion if they find themselves having an unplanned pregnancy and they feel that it is the best decision for themselves. I believe having an abortion is a personal choice and it can be influenced by their ideas about parenthood or their educational and career goals. Either way, teens should have an open and honest conversation with a trusted adult and healthcare professionals who can give them guidance and support during the decision-making process.

I believe a lot of teens end up having a baby because they aren’t able to get an abortion. Either they can’t afford getting one ore they can’t have one because their families will judge them for wanting to get rid of the baby. At some point they might want to have a baby but in the teenage years, most do not want to have a baby. Some people might argue, “well if they didn’t want to get pregnant why have relationships like that? They know the consequences when it comes to not taking care of yourself or being safe.”  But they forget that sometimes that isn’t the case. Someone might have gone through something traumatic and that’s how they got pregnant. Often teenagers don’t pregnant because they want to but because something happened and they couldn’t fight it. An unwanted or unplanned pregnancy is really hard on teens because they still have to go to school and people might judge them for being pregnant. Sometimes even their own families will not support them throughout the pregnancy. Another reason I believe it is okay for teens to have an abortion is because they can also go through depression when they are pregnant and they might think negative thoughts about themselves. Other people might talk bad about them behind their back or straight to their face. Either way, that kind of news spreads fast in high schools and with people spreading the news around, those words that people have said about them can find a way back, which can be really unhealthy for the pregnant teen.

So in conclusion that is why I believe that teenagers should be able to have an abortion.