Breaking News
  • May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Would it be better to have one singular High School per city?

Would it be better for each city to have one big school? Considering the number of students that would be attending this high school most people would assume that this idea wouldn’t work but if we consider the fact that it would be twice the size or even ten times the size of Pasco High, with everything from lunches and classrooms to hall sizes and schedules being multiplied. It wouldn’t be too far from people’s houses, and if it was, then the school could just provide transport for those who live a bit farther away. Since the city of Pasco isn’t that big, I think all small cities should just make one big high school. It could prove to be very beneficial because small friend groups of 3 could grow up to ten meaning that there would be more people socializing leaving no one feeling lonely and instead boosting their confidence, someone’s attitude changes often and can affect one’s decisions throughout the day so if students can socialize more they will be filled with happy emotions meaning they could produce better schoolwork or actually do it for once.

One student at Pasco High, Leo Salgado, shared these statements when asked the same question regarding whether there should be one big school or many small schools, “definitely multiple, still one really big one equals crowded halls and crowded lunch rooms unless you’re talking about a Texas type high school with all the fast food places then yea it would be cool but id have too many peoples names to remember.” When I shared the idea that everything would be multiplied so everyone could be accommodated he said, “now that you put it that way I can see one big school working, like if you plan it all out, it would work so I like the idea.”

Another student at Pasco High Felix Herrera says, “I’d rather have one big high school because if we had only one high school you would be able to meet more people, there would be more teachers that cared because they would know that that school is representing that city. Finally I believe that bigger school equals people having to try harder leading to people going to school and being more successful because of them knowing that’s the only school in the city.”

Another student at Pasco High, Devon Valdivia, brings up a reasonable opinion on the matter with this statement, “One singular high school, I feel like it would be more competitive especially in sports. Like each city versus each other and it would make school pride better so each school identifies with each town.”

To summarize all of the things mentioned in this article, there are clearly many benefits to having one big singular school per city. If the school was well planned out before being built then it would be better than a normal school because everyone would have an equal amount of everything and it would look like a Texas-style high school. It would have many food stands at lunch, you’d be able to meet more people, teachers would try harder to do their job well causing students to try harder. I also think students would be able to enjoy school and learning knowing every teacher cares about their education. Also both the students and teachers would make a working effort to try harder because their efforts reflect on their city. If each city had just one big singular high school, that would mean that each city would have one sports team creating a more competitive sports environment because every team wouldn’t be fighting for fame but also there entire city’s reputation.