• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Morning routines equal productive days

Having a morning routine has many positive benefits for a person. An individual’s well-being is affected and helps people be more successful. 

According to an article online from Bestmattress-brand.org, they polled a 1,000 people about their morning rituals. It states, “No matter what you do for a living your morning routine can impact how successful your day will be.” Another article from Performancehealth.com/articles/morning-routine-tips-for-a-successful-day also describes how a morning routine positively benefits life. “A morning routine has psychological and physical benefits that contribute to a successful life. Research shows that healthy habits had an increase in happiness, reduces procrastination, and boosts confidence. The morning routine sets the tone for the rest of the day and allows us to take better control of our schedules”’ 

In addition to researching why morning routines are so beneficial, I interviewed a local nurse, Amy Reid, to get her insight on why a morning routine is essential for a successful day. She states “I start my day at 4:00 every morning. I read my daily devotional for 15 minutes. I have my workout clothes at the end of my bed for no delay in my workout which lasts 30-40 minutes . I then drink my protein shake,

shower, and always have my uniform for work picked out the night before. My morning routine allows me to be mentally, physically, and emotionally ready for the next day. If I miss a workout in the morning, I am more tired throughout the day.” 

Personally, my routine is wake up at 4:00, take a shower and get ready at 5:00, and work out at the gym at 6:00. There are so many ways and reasons why a morning routine is so important. People need to create their own morning routine. Whatever routine is necessary for a person. I think it is essential for a productive day.