• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Is forced teen marriage okay?

Sometimes teens get married at a young age because of their culture or because of their religion. It seems like most of the time teens do not agree with getting married but they have no choice than to do it for their culture/religion. Arranged marriages are when teens get married at a young age by their parents finding someone they met and, if their parents like them, then they get married about 2 hours after meeting each other. Honestly, I kind of think it’s weird to force your teenage girl to get married to an older man or even to someone the same age. In my opinion, teenagers should not be getting married because they should be able to enjoy their freedom without worrying about going home and having to cook and take care of someone they have just met. That isn’t what life is supposed to like be when you’re a teenager. You should be out and enjoying your life, not taking care of someone else’s just because you were forced to do it. I fully understand it if you were forced to marry someone, whether they are older than you or the same age as you, because maybe that’s what your parents had to do or that’s part of your culture/religion. But I really feel like it should not be that way. Teens should be able to focus on themselves, their schooling, and on what they want to do after high school.  Much later when they get older, they can choose if they want to get married or not.

Marriage is not for everyone and I feel like it is not for teens because teens do not usually know what they want yet. What I mean is that they might not even know if they really want to get married. I think that forcing or arranging a teen marriage is not okay because those teenagers are still kids and they still have a lot of growing up to do. Some teens can barely take care of themselves and I do not understand what makes some people think that they can take care their husband or wife too. I personally think that it just is not okay. I also know other people might think it is okay because its for their religion or culture but everyone has their own opinions.