• May 31- Auto Show
  • May 30- Senior Awards Night
  • May 29- Bulldog House Opening
  • May 29- Bilingual Math Night
  • May 24- Last Senior Meeting
  • May 14th: National Honor Society Induction; 6-7pm in Library

Pros and cons of having a dog

Are you wanting to get a dog but do not know what it takes? Here you will find five pros and cons of owning a dog

PROS~

1. Companionship: One great thing about having a dog is the companionship they provide. Dogs are known for their loyalty and love for their owners. They can be your best friend, always there to greet you with a wagging tail and a smile. They offer unconditional love, plus, they’re always up for a fun adventure or a cuddle session. Dogs really bring joy and happiness into our lives.

2. Improve your well-being: Dogs can help improve our overall well-being. Studies have shown that owning a dog can have positive effects on both your physical and mental health. Dogs require regular exercise, so they can motivate you to get moving and stay active. They can also reduce stress and anxiety, provide a sense of purpose, and even help lower blood pressure. Having a furry friend around can truly enhance your quality of life.

3. Sense of security: Dogs are known for their protective instincts, and having one in your home can help you feel safer. They can alert you to potential dangers or intruders, and their loyalty and watchful nature can give you peace of mind, especially when you’re home alone or at night. Dogs truly make great companions and guardians.

4. Improve social life: Something interesting about dogs is that they can help you improve your social life. Dogs are natural conversation starters  and can help you meet new people. Whether you’re out for a walk or at a dog park, having a furry companion by your side can make it easier to strike up conversations with other dog owners and enthusiasts. Dogs can also provide a sense of community, as you can join dog-related events or groups where you can connect with like-minded individuals. Having a dog can not only  bring joy but also expand your social circle.

5. Emotional support: Dogs can provide a great source of comfort and emotional support. They have an amazing ability to sense and respond to our emotions. When we’re feeling down or stressed, they can offer a comforting presence and provide unconditional love. Their cuddles, wagging tails, and happy faces can instantly lift our spirits and make us feel better. They can also tend to get a laugh out of you when you are on your lowest. Dogs can truly bring warmth and happiness to your life

CONS~

1. Training and behavior: Dogs need proper training and socialization to be well-behaved. it can take take and effort to train them, especially if they have behavioral issues that need to be addressed.

2. Cost: Dogs can be expensive to care for. You have to consider expenses like food, vaccinations, grooming, toys, and potential medical bills.

3. Space limitations: Dogs, especially larger breeds, require space to move around and play. If you live in a small apartment or do not have access to a backyard, it may be challenging to provide them with enough room to thrive.

4. Travel limitations: Having a dog can make it more challenging to travel, as you need to arrange for their care while you’re away if you are not able to bring them with you. You can also find yourself thinking about them all the time and worrying if your dog is okay or the way that he feels while your are not with him.

5. Lifestyle adjustments: Dogs thrive on routine and require daily attention. if you have a busy lifestyle or travel frequently, it may be difficult to provide the time and attention a dog needs.

Owning a dog can have many cons and challenging moments but it does not compare to the love they provide. They are loving creatures that need some love and care in return for their unconditional love.