Breaking News
  • PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • Early Release: May 15th
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • Senior meeting in PHS gym: May 15th
  • Golden Bulldogs: May 16th
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)
The Student News Site of Pasco High School

Wasco

Wasco

Wasco

Iron Mike Tyson

Iron Mike Tyson

Iron Mike Tyson was one of the most feared fighters to step in the ring and was one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time. He was know as the baddest man on the planet later on in his career.

Mike Tyson started off his career running through the heavy weight division with ease and was the most entertaining fight. You got what you came for to see his record, within his first 19 fights he was undefeated with pure knockouts and 12 that came in the first round and 1 that even came in the first 91 seconds of the fight. He was also the youngest boxer ever to claim the title “World Champion” at the age of just 19 years old.

Although mike Tyson was a great fighter in the ring, he wasn’t able to keep his actions in control out of the ring and got convicted to a six year charge in prison on a rape charge. According to an article by Void Sports “Former world heavyweight champion Iron Mike bagged a 41-1 record when he was arrested in July 1991. The Concrete Neck was arrested for raping 18-year-old Desiree Washington at an Indianapolis hotel. Tyson was sentenced to six years in prison in March 1992″ (Team, 2021). His six year sentence was cut in half for good behavior.

Mike Tyson’s fight with Evander Holyfield would go down in boxing history as Mike Tyson would bite Holyfield’s ear twice in the third round of the championship. This caused Evander Holyfield to lose part of his ear and Mike Tyson to be disqualified.

Iron Mike would end his tirade 50-6-2 and 44 of those wins coming by knock out. His reign was so legendary people who aren’t even fans of the sport could tell you about Mike Tyson and how crazy dominant he was in his prime and how crazy he was as a person.

I interviewed my friend, Austin Britton, and his family and this is what they had to say about Iron Mike with little to no prior boxing knowledge, ” Mike Tyson? He’s African, he has a lisp, he is colored, he fought some dude and bit his ear off,” said Austin.

“He got hypnotized daily and now grows and sells marijuana, he was world champion at 19, youngest champion in history, he also was Muslim. I don’t know if he is now and he went to prison for rape,” said Willie.

With vey little boxing knowledge they all knew a decent amount about the boxer known as Iron Mike Tyson.