• PHS Mental Health Week: April 29-May 3
  • Prom at Moore Mansion: May 11th; 7-11pm
  • April 23rd and 30th - State Testing (10th and 11th Grade ONLY)
  • Senior Cap and Gown Pick-up: May 7th & 8th (After school)
  • FINAL DAY TO TURN IN PROM GUEST FORMS: FRIDAY MAY 3RD
  • May 6th-10th - SPIRIT WEEK
  • May 1st - NHS (Blood drive in library)

Is Brock Purdy overrated?

Is Brock Purdy overrated?

Mr Irrelevant, aka Brock Purdy, is the quarterback of the San Francisco Forty-Niners and in his second year in the league, he’s leading the Forty-Niners to the Super Bowl. But on his way to the big game, he received a lot of criticism He’s been labeled by critics as a “Game Manager” Critics state that because of his team around him, that’s the reason why he’s been successful. Brock Purdy has the stats to back him up he’s putting up elite numbers and the record shows he’s leading the forty-niners to the Super Bowl in his second year in the league.

These are the stats Brock Purdy put up this 2023-2024 season: he has a quarterback rating of 72.7 which is the best in the league. He has thrown for 4,280 yards which is the 5th most in the league and has thrown 31 touchdowns these 31 touchdowns places him 3rd on touchdowns thrown.

Brock Purdy has also been in the MVP race throughout most of the season he leads the offense down the field with precise passing he has also shown that he can scramble and use his legs to get big gains running the ball as he showed in the conference championship against the Lions. Brock made some big plays using his legs down the stretch to keep the drive going and end up leading the comeback to win the game 34-31 and move on to the Super Bowl.

They won that game because of Brock Purdy. He led the offense and made big throws while being down he led the comeback. Games like these make Brock Purdy an Elite quarterback. Brock Purdy makes the right reads and doesn’t turn the ball over. He makes big throws he has shown that he can lead the offense when they need it. Brock Purdy also has the best quarterback rating of any quarterback in Forty-Niner history. Yes, you read that right. Over the great Joe Montana and also over Steve Young, both hall-of-fame quarterbacks.

There are still people who criticize Brock Purdy, saying that he isn’t an elite quarterback and that he’s a “game manager” but the stats and records say otherwise. He’s leading the Forty-Niners to the Super Bowl in just his second year in the league as the last pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

Despite all the negative talk about Brock Purdy, he still seems to silence all his critics and perform day in and day out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4361741/brock-purdy

https://www.nfl.com/players/brock-purdy/stats/