Our PHS Boys’ Soccer Coaches

Our boys’ soccer teams at Paco High School are pretty good, but who are the coaches behind all this talent? Let’s get to know them!  

Varsity 

Our varsity team has three coaches, coach Potter, coach Cash, and coach Uriostegui.  

Matt Potter 

Coach Potter is the varsity and head coach of our boys’ soccer teams. Potter is the dean of students and a social studies teacher at Tri-Cities Prep High School. Potter has been playing soccer since he was in 2nd grade. Potter even played soccer for PHS when he was in high school. He thinks it’s an honor to be able to come back and coach at the school he graduated from. He loves the community and working with the guys at Pasco High. Potter has been coaching for almost thirty years and has coached high school and college teams. Potter thinks being a coach is the best and he is super excited for the season to begin. ‘There are new faces, new challenges, and it is always great to get everyone back together on a daily basis,” Potter says.  

Gustavo Uriostegui 

Coach Uriostegui is twenty-two years old and is a coach for our varsity team. He spends most of his time with the goalkeepers. Uriostegui played soccer for Pasco High from 2015-2019 and he still plays Sunday league now. Uriostegui started coaching because soccer is his passion, and he likes to help out the players as much as he can. He has been coaching recreational leagues (YMCA) since 2015. Uriostegui likes being a coach because it’s for a sport he’s passionate about. The coaching also gives him great new memories. He can’t wait to start the new season. 

Lucas Cash 

Coach Cash is our Varsity assistant coach. Cash is a Project Manager Consultant at the Hanford Site. Cash played soccer since he was five years old and played all through college. Cash decided to be a coach for Pasco High because he graduated from Pasco High in 2010 and played soccer here. For Cash being a coach is his way of giving back to Pasco and the soccer community that has provided a lot for him. Cash has been coaching at Pasco High since 2016 and is currently coaching at CBC since 2019. At CBC his team even won the NWAC Championship with three of our Pasco High alumni. Cash thinks being a coach is great and he is very excited to have this group for the upcoming year. 

Junior Varsity: 

Our Junior Varsity team has 1 coach, coach Garza.

Rick Garza 

Coach Garza is fifty-three years old and is our Junior Varsity (JV) coach. Garza doesn’t work for Pasco School District; he is a facility supervisor at Pasco Red Lion Hotel. Garza only played soccer in middle school and never played in a competitive team. Garza used to coach competitive soccer for his son and daughter. Many of his players in those times played for Pasco High, so he decided to continue coaching here. Garza has been coaching since he was nineteen. He coached different soccer clubs here in Tri-Cities. He also coached boys’ soccer (six years) and girls’ soccer (one season) at Stevens middle school. Garza loves being a coach because you can see the players develop in the four years they have in high school and follow many of them through college after. Garza’s JV team has mainly been undefeated the past few years. He looks forward to every new season because he loves seeing his JV players develop and advance to varsity every year.   

C-team: 

Our C-team at Pasco has two coaches, coach Chavez and coach Ledezma 

Teresa Chavez 

Coach Chavez is forty-four years old and coaches our c-team. She’s a health and fitness teacher here at Pasco High School. Chavez played soccer all throughout high school and college. After college, she played for a couple of years in a club too. Chavez always wanted to be a coach. She was already coaching the high school girls soccer, so she decided to start coaching the boys too. She also coached club soccer and middle school soccer. In total coach Chavez has twenty-five years of experience in coaching. She really enjoys coaching, it’s her favorite part of the day she says. She is also super excited for the coming season! 

Andy Ledezma 

Coach Ledezma is thirty-three years old and is the Assistant Coach of our c-team. Ledezma is a health and fitness teacher here at Pasco High School as well. Ledezma played soccer himself for a total of twenty-one years now. He played in high school and community college. Ledezma wants to help the boys win, get better, and achieve their goals with his coaching. He has been coaching the boys’ C-team for seven years now and the girls’ JV for six. Coaching is for Ledezma one of the best parts of his day, he loves to share his passion for the sport. He is very excited for the coming season as well, especially after last year’s success.    

Boys’ soccer fitness & conditioning coach 

Jennifer Comfort  

For our boys’ soccer at PHS we even have a fitness & conditioning coach, Jennifer Comfort is her name. Comfort is forty-five years old and has her own sports performance coaching business, “Jennifer Comfort Coaching.” She also works for an International Coaching Platform Based on artificial intelligence. Comfort was a four-year varsity letterman for PHS, and captain her senior year. After that, she also played in Mexico on the women’s team at La Universidad de Iberoamericana. Comfort comes from an endurance coaching background and soccer is a sport that requires a high level of endurance along with speed, agility, and strength. So, she is a great fit for this job. At PHS boys’ soccer, they also emphasize the importance of the “supporting pillars” (recovery, nutrition, hydration, and rest). Comfort has been a certified coach for eight years now. She has coached hundreds of athletes and teams. She was on the coaching staff in 2018 with our PHS State Championship Team. Comfort still coaches locally and all over the world. Comfort loves to coach because in her opinion there is nothing better than helping teams and individuals improve and perform at their highest potential. She’s “BEYOND EXCITED” for the new season.